Child Contact Solicitors

What We Offer:

  • Free Consultation
  • Legal Aid Available
  • Sensitive & Confidential Advice
  • 24 Hour Advice: 07801569626

Do You Need Child Custody Advice?

One of the most common disputes that arises when a relationship ends relates to arrangements with children. If you have divorced, ended your civil partnership or separated from your partner then you will need to make arrangements regarding the care of your child or children.

At McGee O’Kane Solicitors, our experienced and skilled Child Custody Solicitors can advise on all Child Custody or Child Contact issues, or any other Family Law issues that you may have.

We offer a 24 Hour Advice service that is professional, practical and in the best interests of you and your children – 07801569626 – Child Custody Solicitors

At McGee O’Kane Solicitors, we can work with you to help negotiate any issue relating to Child Custody, such as:

  • Where the children will live?
  • When they will spend time with each parent?
  • Who will pay Child Maintenance?

We can also try to ensure that your child will continue to have contact with other family members such as grandparents, aunts / uncles etc. after the breakup, unless of course this would be harmful to the child.

If a relationship ends on bad terms these issues can become impossible to resolve and Legal Advice is required urgently to ensure your rights as a parent and your children’s welfare are protected immediately.

We can help to negotiate and resolve these issues amicably, but if that cannot be done then we can apply to the Court on your behalf for a Court Order such as:-

  • Residence Orders –  An order that determines who the children will live with when parents separate. It is possible to have a shared Residence Order and the order will specify the periods that the children will spend with each parent.
  • Contact Orders – An Order that specifies how often the non-resident parent will see the children. It will clearly outline when and for how long contact will take place with the children.
  • Parental Responsibility Order – A legal phrase used to define who has the rights and obligations in making decisions that affect the child’s life. A court will generally grant a Parental Responsibility Order to a parent unless there is sufficient reason not to.
  • Specific Issue Orders – Where you require the court’s assistance in making a key decision about your child’s life. This often includes things such as which school your children will attend, what religion they will be brought up or which surname they will be known by.
  • Prohibited Steps Order – Can be granted to prevent a parent from taking a particular step in relation to the children, for example from taking the children out of the country without the consent of the other parent or the court.

Are Social Services threatening to take your Child into Care?

Have Social Services taken your child? If your Local Social Services Department warn you that your children may be removed from your care you need expert Legal Advice straight away.  We will fight your case and ensure your rights as a parent are protected. We have access to the very best Barristers and we will do everything to make sure your voice is heard and give your case every chance of success

If your child is being taken into care, or care proceedings look likely, you need expert legal advice from McGee O’Kane Solicitors urgently – call on 028 71 229 343 or use our Free Enquiry Form to get in contact

Contact us now on 028 71 229 343 or use our Free Enquiry Form to Get In Touch.