Child Contact Solicitors

What We Offer:

  • Free Consultation
  • Legal Aid Available
  • Sensitive & Confidential Advice
  • 24 Hour Advice: 07801569626

Do You Need Advice on Your Rights as a Parent?

We understand the importance for both parents to be involved in their child’s lives. As a mother, you automatically have Parental Responsibility for your child. As a father, you may be entitled to Parental Responsibility for your child.

We can help to obtain Parental Responsibility for a parent of a child so they can be involved in all the important decision’s regarding the child’s life such as what school they attend and what religion they will follow etc. If you need advice call us now – we are expert Family Law Solicitors and provide free immediate advice on 028 71 229 343

What is Parental Responsibility?

Parental responsibility is the right, duty, power, responsibility and authority a parent has over its child. To gain the legal right to decide whether your child receives, for example, a particular medical treatment, or the right to decide which school your child attends, you must first have Parental Responsibility.

Our Family Law Solicitors can apply to Court on your behalf for a Parental Responsibility Order if you do not have Parental Responsibility for your child.

If you have think you need Family Law Advice and you are not sure what to do, just call us today to speak to one of our Solicitors free of charge and without obligation. FREE Consultation.

For a free, confidential discussion about your case use our Free Enquiry Form or call us on 028 71 229 343

How Do I obtain Parental Responsibility?

As a mother, you automatically have Parental Responsibility for your child. If you are married to the mother at the time of the child’s birth, you will automatically have Parental Responsibility. If you and the mother of your child are not married, Parental Responsibility is not guaranteed, however there are certain ways in which it can be obtained such as:-

  • If your child is born after December 2003 and you are named on the birth certificate
  • Through a formal written agreement with the mother
  • By obtaining a Parental Responsibility Order from the Court
  • By having a Residence Order in respect of your child.

How Can We Help?

Our Family Law Solicitors are available to provide immediate advice and assistance to you. We make sure that you get the best possible representation so that your position and rights are fully protected.

We are available to provide you with immediate advice and assistance. We offer a Free Consultation and can apply for Legal Aid funding on your behalf.

Free Legal Aid

At McGee O’Kane Solicitors we are expert Solicitors in Northern Ireland specialising in Legal Aid. We can apply for Legal Aid for you and offer a Free Consultation to assess your eligibility for Legal Aid.

Contact us now on 028 71 229 343 or use our Free Enquiry Form to Get In Touch.